Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Posted by VDP Show at 11:48 AM
Posted by VDP Show at 11:43 AM
Posted by VDP Show at 11:37 AM
Posted by VDP Show at 11:27 AM
Friday, December 12, 2008
I read this on a friend's blog and so am putting it here with my answers. I hope you do the same so that I can read your answers on your blog.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog...I love finding it in the store for the first time around Halloween!
2. Does Santa wrap gifts, or place them under the tree? Depends on the size
3. Colored lights on the house/tree or white? White on the house, colored on the tree
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope
5. When do you put up decorations? The day after Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite Christmas dish? do Christmas cookies count??
7. Favorite Christmas memory? Owen left Ranch with carrots for the reindeer...he said they couldn't eat them without the Ranch!
8. When did you learn the truth about Santa? I really don't remember. I knew I had to play along for a while once I found out though because my brothers still thought he was real.
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? We open extended family gifts (aunts, uncles, etc) and we open our new pj's
10. How do you decorate your tree? ornaments from when Abe and I were kids, the kids' ornaments, ornaments they have made...pretty much anything!
11. Snow: love it or dread it? Love it, love it, love it!
12. Can you ice skate? I can't remember the last time I went...I'd probably get the hang of it after a while.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My very first Cabbage Patch Kid.
14. What is the most important thing about Christmas for you? Celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and watching the kids' excitement.
15. What is your favorite Christmas dessert? Christmas cookies
16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? New jammies each year
17. What tops your tree? A tin star
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Definitely giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? I love them all, but if I had to choose a few: Away in a Manger, Come on Ring Those Bells, Grown-Up Christmas List
20. Candy Canes: yum or yuck? Yum
21. What do you want for Christmas? Spending time with all the family
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Yes
23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear pjs? Pjs in the morning and then something a little nicer for Christmas dinner.
24. Do you own a Santa hat? Yep
25. With whom do you normally spend Christmas? My family Christmas Eve and early Christmas morning, then Abe's family for the rest of Christmas, but we may flip-flop this year.
Posted by VDP Show at 12:40 PM
Today we did the annual "get-our-tree-the-Sunday-after-Thanksgiving." The kids always love trying to find the perfect tree, although their idea of a perfect tree is a scrawny, 2-foot tall Charlie Brown tree. They had a great time playing hide and seek between the rows of trees, and Lauren thought she was pretty cool carrying the saw for the boys. She was a little concerned that we would lose our tree when we loaded it onto the tractor, but Owen let her know that we have a ticket with the same number as the tag that we put on the tree. After a great lunch at Farelli's, we went home and the kids helped decorate the tree. The older they get the less bunched up the ornaments are at the bottom of the tree...and I can actually spread the glass ones all over the tree, not just the top!
Posted by VDP Show at 12:31 PM
We had a great Thanksgiving with the fam. Both sets of parents came over, as well as my brother. It was a very relaxing day, and we all ate way too much food! Being the organized, on-top-of-things person I am, I wanted to get a Christmas picture taken on Thanksgiving, order them that night, and pick them up the next day. My dad took some good ones, though it's always hard to get the kids to sit still for too long. To make it fun, Abe said if they did a few good ones we could take a silly one. Abe begged and pleaded for me to use the silly faces picture as our Christmas one, but I just couldn't do it. My excuse was that Owen's face was covered and no one could see how cute he was :) So, as a compromise, I'll stick it here...
Posted by VDP Show at 12:30 PM
Time to move to an indoor sport for a few months! Unfortunately, the Trojans ended their football season yesterday with a loss in the quarterfinals of state playoffs. It was a great season...undefeated until yesterday. The kids were troopers, going to all the JV games on Monday afternoons as well as all the varsity games Friday nights. Lauren grew more and more engrossed in the cheerleaders as the season went on. She now spends a good deal of her days cheering...amazingly she knows at least 4 or 5 cheers (way more than her mom can do!) Owen had fun watching all his high school buddies out on the field...he could pick out about 10-15 uniforms and could tell you who they were. After going to 20+ games this season, it was inevitable that the kids would learn the Trojan fight song. Along with the cheers, we get the pleasure of hearing "Auburn Trojans, hats off to thee" sung at the top of their lungs. The kids were true Trojan football fans. It was sad to see such a great season come to an end, but Abe is happy not having to pull double duty coaching football and basketball at the same time. The kids are happy too...Lauren still gets to watch her cheerleaders in the gym, and quite a few of Owen's football buddies will be hitting the court. Go Trojans!
Posted by VDP Show at 12:28 PM
Posted by VDP Show at 12:13 PM